I have worked out off and on over the last few years, but I have never had any true goals. I can tell I have gained a little extra weight or my pants are starting to get a little tighter. This leads me to start working out again but within a few weeks I stop. I lose my motivation pretty quick once I lose the extra pounds I have gained. There is a laundry list of reasons why that may be and would take forever and a day to go through. All I know is that my current goals need to be more specific, attainable, but challenge me at the same time. I have heard that if you write down and can view your goals regularly that you are more likely to achieve them.
Below are my goals for when I finish my 5 week program.
1. I want to lose between 6 to 9 pounds. That would mean my weight would be somewhere between 166 to 163 pounds.
2. To lose one pants size. I am currently barely not able to fit into my 32s so I figure I am around a 34 waist now.
You shouldn’t only use a scale number as a way to measure your health. I mentioned in an earlier blog that I had jeans I could no longer fit it, so one of my goals is to fit into those two pairs of jeans without any issues in 5 weeks, but it would be nice if I could fit into them sooner.
3. To have more endurance/energy.
I have a nephew that turned 9 months recently, and that means he will be walking soon. The baby already can wear me out and he can only crawl right now. I keep thinking it will only be worse when he starts walking, and then he will want to start playing around or go to the park. I want to be able to keep up with him somewhat. Right now if I had to run 50 feet I would be completely spent, which really makes me sad being a former basketball player who was known for my second wind. When I was 16-18 years old I could play basketball for 2-4 hours, then go home, eat a little, take a shower, and go hang out with my friends until 11-12. If I did that now I couldn’t get up for a week.
4. I took a Fitness Test before I started my workout program, and I was not pleased with myself. I want to be able to double my results when I retake the Fitness Test after the 5 week program. ( I will talk more about the Fitness Test in another Blog)
5. My Senior year of college I started running and really enjoyed it. I got to the point where I ran a 5K in 2009. Shortly after that 5K I injured both legs, so running any sort of distance has not been an option for me. I am hoping after this program I can slowly get back into running, but first I got to get my body back in shape.
Above are all my short term goals but I have a couple of long term goals.
6. After this program I want to keep working out.
7. I have a pair or Wrangler jeans that I would really like to be able to wear with my boots during the Fall and Winter months.