The first step of the 5 week Body Transformation program I am doing, is to do a Fitness Test. I did this Fit Test on 11-19-2013
When you do the Fit Test you do Max reps for each exercise in 60 seconds. Write down/keep track of your results. I will retake this Fitness Test at the end of the 5 weeks, but it can be taken at the halfway point if you want to. Below are the exercises I did and my results.
I did a warm-up before the Fitness Test
1. Bent Arm Hang (go for max time, keeping your chin above the bar. Try not to let your
body swing) – I didn’t have a way to do this one, so I did Lying Down Dumbbell Bench Press with 15 pound dumbbells. When I say “Lying Down” I mean I was lying down on the ground completely flat……….. I did 32
2. High Knees- I lost count but I believe it was somewhere between 152-132
3. Pushups- 13 – For whatever reason my right wrist was really hurting while doing pushups, so I ended up putting my hands into a fist. I am by no means saying I would have done a ton of pushups, but I think I could have done 18-22 without the pain.
4. Jumping Jacks- 50
5. Situps- 11 – Not pleased with this, but these situps only counted if you came up with chest all the way to your knees. It might have also helped if I had my feet in a position where they were held tighter(I hope that makes sense). I look forward to crushing this number at the end of this program.
6. Mountain Climbers – 70
7. Plank (hold for as long as you can and keep track of your time)- 30 seconds
I wasn’t very happy with a lot of my results, but I know this is all a starting point. Plus, it gives me something besides a scale number to shoot for!!!!
Here is the link for the Fitness Test Video ( http://www.benderfitness.com/2013/01/fit-test-2013.html )