It has taken me a while to get these workouts posted, but better late than never. Since I cannot get to WordPress.com at work I have a feeling this will become a trend. Below are the first two workouts I did. You may hear me say I went through a workout for “so many rounds”, and that simply means I went through the video workout “so many times”. Also, it is important to push yourself, but you don’t want to ever push too hard. Some exercises I couldn’t do for the full time frame, and it is okay to take a break and then start the exercise again.
Workout #1 (2 rounds/times)- I felt like I could have done another round, but since I am coming back from an injury I want to take it slow.
Beginner: 10 reps, repeat 1-2X
Intermediate: 15 reps, Repeat 1-3X
Advanced: 20 reps, Repeat 1-3X
Warm-Up – The Warm-Up and Last Stretch are not in the video.
1. High Knees (60 seconds)
2. Side Plank (right) (60 seconds)
3. Side Plank (left) (60 seconds)
4. Jumping Jacks – did 20 reps
6. Walking Pushups (My wrist was hurting me so I put my hands in fist, and push-ups that way. The second round I did Lying Dumbbell Bench Press, and I was lying completely on the ground using 15 pound dumbbells)
7. Sumo Squat (This takes a little practice at first, because it does require balance)
8. Mountain Climber ( I did this for 60 seconds)
9. Temple Tap Abs 10. Plank (60 seconds)
The link for this workout ( http://www.benderfitness.com/2013/01/fitness-transformation-workout-1.html )
I took a day off after Workout #1 and then it was time for Workout #2.
Workout #2 (2 rounds/times)- This is a pretty good leg/lower body workout. There was extra tightness/soreness in Gluteus, and I am sure some of that is again from coming back from injury, but mostly because it is the hardest those muscles have worked in weeks. The important thing is they were sore but they didn’t hurt me.
Warm-Up- The Warm-Up and Last Stretch are not in the video link.
1. Lunge Curl (alternate legs)
2. Plank Lift
3. Side Plank Hip Drop (right)
4. Side Plank Hip Drop (left)
5. Heel Tap Abs or Leg Lift Abs (I was able to go all the way up with my legs the first round, but only halfway up the second round. I am sure this has to do with the tightness I have been going to see the chiropractor for.)
6. Hip Press
7. Leg Series (right)
8. Leg Series (left)
9. Sumo Pushups (My right wrist was still hurting but I did as many both rounds as I could)
10. Bicycle Abs
Here is the link for Workout# 2 ( http://www.benderfitness.com/2013/01/fitness-transformation-workout-2.html )
That is it for now. Since workout #2 I haven’t worked out. Took a couple of extra days to let my legs get better, but hope to get in workout #3 later today.