It has been a week since I last posted a blog. It is hard to keep up with my post since I can’t get to my Blog at work anymore. I use to do all most post during my lunch break. I will try to be better moving forward, but let me get to the stuff that matters.
One of my long term goals when I originally started this blog was to get back into running. I thought I was close to accomplishing that, but then had an old injury flare up again. I have been going to the Chiropractor since October and that has helped a ton. I restarted the 5 week program and it has gone great. During Week Three of the program it wants you to combine cardio to go along with the daily workouts. However, due to the fact that I am recovering from a leg/hip/gluteus maxims injury I have decided to not do those on the same day.
I finally got around to going for a run last Saturday, and of course I picked the day when it was 40 degrees with a 10-20 wind blowing. I went to a park somewhat close to where I live, and it went pretty well. The path at the park is around a half a mile around and overall I went around 2 miles. I couldn’t see a sign of the exact distance, but I asked someone and they said it was half a mile around. I didn’t run the whole time. I did a combo of walking and running. I walked a half mile to get the body as warmed up as possible, and I started to run until I felt my body get a little tight. I would. Then I went back to walking and this continued until I did my last bit of walking as my cool down. I did complete one lap running the whole time, and all together I would say I did around 2/3 to 3/4 of a mile running. Not a terrible start for someone who hasn’t ran in I don’t know how long. I did a very long stretching session and then went home. I didn’t feel to bad the rest of they day and overall the next day felt the same. My left foot did get extra, extra tight Sunday to Monday, and I wish I knew why. Still overall I would say it went great for a first run.
Due to my foot being stiff and the fact I was tired I didn’t workout again until this Wednesday. This time I did the next workout in the Body Transformation Series I have been doing. It was a 15 minute workout and I only did it one time. My brother needed my help watching his son/my nephew. It was a great workout and I would like to do it for more than one round next time I do it.
Beginner: 10 reps Intermediate: 15 reps Advanced: 20 reps
1. Alternating Lunge Lift 2. Tricep Leg Lift 3. Extended Situp 4. Mount Climber/High Knees (30 seconds each, 10 second rest in between) 5. Squatting Side Kick 6. Tricep Pushup (right) 7. Tricep Pushup (left) 8. Bicycle 9. Mountain Climber/High Knees 10. Warrior Row (right) 11. Warrior Row (left) 12. Leg Lift Abs 13. Mountain Climber/High Knees
I did do one additional round of exercises 2, 6, and 7.
The Warm-Up and Last Stretch are not in the video link.
The first step of the 5 week Body Transformation program I am doing, is to do a Fitness Test. I did this Fit Test on 11-19-2013
When you do the Fit Test you do Max reps for each exercise in 60 seconds. Write down/keep track of your results. I will retake this Fitness Test at the end of the 5 weeks, but it can be taken at the halfway point if you want to. Below are the exercises I did and my results.
I did a warm-up before the Fitness Test
1. Bent Arm Hang (go for max time, keeping your chin above the bar. Try not to let your
body swing) – I didn’t have a way to do this one, so I did Lying Down Dumbbell Bench Press with 15 pound dumbbells. When I say “Lying Down” I mean I was lying down on the ground completely flat……….. I did 32
2. High Knees- I lost count but I believe it was somewhere between 152-132
3. Pushups- 13 – For whatever reason my right wrist was really hurting while doing pushups, so I ended up putting my hands into a fist. I am by no means saying I would have done a ton of pushups, but I think I could have done 18-22 without the pain.
4. Jumping Jacks- 50
5. Situps- 11 – Not pleased with this, but these situps only counted if you came up with chest all the way to your knees. It might have also helped if I had my feet in a position where they were held tighter(I hope that makes sense). I look forward to crushing this number at the end of this program.
6. Mountain Climbers – 70
7. Plank (hold for as long as you can and keep track of your time)- 30 seconds
I wasn’t very happy with a lot of my results, but I know this is all a starting point. Plus, it gives me something besides a scale number to shoot for!!!!
I did this workout yesterday morning before I went to church, and I was so pumped after that I didn’t even need my morning coffee. I did eat some Greek Yogurt beforehand, to make sure I had something in my stomach. While I was doing my Warm-up I played “Shoot to Thrill” by AC/DC and that helped me loosen up the muscles. That song ROCKS and if you have seen any of the Iron Man movies then you have heard it before.
The last couple of workouts I did were more Cardio based and this routine was more towards the Overall Body Toning/Strengthening that I have been usually doing and posting. Sorry, not really sure what the proper name would be for the routine, but if you know, then you should let me know. It was a great workout and it made me sweaty. I need to post the picture I took of myself, because the look on my face is priceless. I am a little sore around my shoulders/chest this morning but that is a good sign. A few of the exercises were new to me, so I had to watch the video closely. The nice thing about the video is you can pause it if you need a water break or to catch your breath, and if you need to watch Melissa do a move a few times to figure out how to do it, and then you can simple rewind to start from the top and get all the reps in. Very convenient!!
Here is my workout from yesterday, and I hope everyone has a great MONDAY!!!
1. Plank to Lunge Reach 2.Russian Twist 3. Mountain Climber Pushup (I had to keep reminding myself to keep my core tight while doing this exercise) 4. Lunge Kick (right) 5. Lunge Kick (left) 6. High Knees 7. Alicia’s Sumo Squat Kick 8. Side Frogger (this one is tougher than it looks) 9. Hip Thrust (I was feeling it by this one ) 10. Reverse Bicycle
Yesterday I got home from church and got in the best workout I have had since I started the current 5 week program I am doing. It is a full body toning workout, that also focuses on building your cardiovascular endurance.
Last week I was starting to get a little down, because I wasn’t seeing results like I thought I should be. I kept reminding myself that I was only two weeks into the process, so I should not be as hard on myself.
However, as I was doing this workout I could tell I had grown over the last 2.5 weeks. My endurance has improved and I am slowly getting stronger. After going through the exercises once, I was not completely winded. I went through the routine a second time, and by the end of it I was sweaty all over, which to me has always meant that I had a great workout. I love it while I am working out when sweat drop to the floor. Not really sure why that is, but people tell me I am weird, so that might be why. HA!
Alright, here is the workout I did yesterday. A couple of the exercises were new to me, so I had to watch the video closely a few times the first time I went through the exercises.